Monday 18 January 2010

Just a quick one.


Just had a few hours of the old waterworks but had a lovely long shower and washed the residue of these tears away.

Shall not bore you with the reasons as to why the deluge occurred. Everything is fine, plus, I think it is great to have the ability to 'release'.

I feel like the tears have been wanting a few hours of my time for quite a few days now. I have had little weepy moments... Usually over music, but these have been because the music has affected me. In a great way. I love the fact that music can reduce me to tears.... For the right reasons and not always due to wallowing in self pity!!!

Not just music that can turn me into a jibbering wreck either!! May write about that later.

To anyone from Twitter who is kind enough to pop by and read the posts here, I owe a MASSIVE apology. I got sent a link to do some function or other. Now usually I avoid these links via DMs like the plague, as most of you do too, Twitterati, judging by the amount of DMs I have had back regarding the validity or otherwise of said link. But I think it was maybe a bit of a hello I am still here to some of you that I haven't spoken to for a while, but consider to be very great friends! <<>

And to anyone who has newly followed, my name is probably mud for spamming? Every single one of you, new and old... I think it is quite funny because it has indeed re-estabilished very many old contacts (...if eight or nine months on Twitter and Facebook is a long time:))

Twitter-mode.

When I first joined Twitter I was saying all sorts of weird and sometimes wonderful things, often bizzare things. I was not quite in Twitter-mode. What's Twitter-mode? Well, it is when you have something to tweet and due to the restrictions of the 140 characters or die, kind of restrictions placed on you and the inability to break these statements down to the requisite 140 or less characters and therefore, when not in Twittermode, many of these tweets that I was doing, initially made no sense whatsoever!! This probably made mundane tweets quite funny..

However, for all of you not able to enter Twitter-mode at will there is Twitlonger... I have been aware of Twitlonger for ages but never felt the need to use it! I got a recent DM reminding me of the feature of this option and have started using it a little more now. Easy as anything to join and you log in via your Twitter account.

I think/hope that this feature is secure. I am a bit puzzled though. I had 1050 DMs in my inbox. I popped into Twitter while out, via my trusty mobile. Couldn't really do a lot, my battery was nearly juiced and ready to drop!! I now have only 843 DMs. I don't know whether to laugh and jump about deliriously... Has some divine intervention occurred and cleaned the chaffe out for me? Or have more sinister forces been at work? Not sure yet... Not had chance to properly investigate yet.

But to the Tweeters who seem to revel in the delights of being able to use probably less than 10% of the available capacity of the 140 characters, Twitlonger will be of no use. Don't you just love monosyllabic Tweets?! What a waste of time.....!!!!

On a lighter note. Very many thanks for ALL the beautiful messages, DMs, Tweets, posts, music links and prompts, Blogs, art, photography, emails ETC ETC.... I really do appreciate each and everyone of them. OK, I may not like EVERY single one, but to take the time to send someone something it is so muchly appreciated and I assure you I do read, listen to or look at nearly 100% of your various means of communications.... The 0.01% of coms I do not look at involve racism or subjects that I will never entertain, but hey ho!! You can't help some of these people. I think that in my time at Twitter, just TWO overtly nasty and horrible tweets received well, that tells me something... <<>

I hope this doesn't sound corny. But, I have genuine feelings for 'several hundred' of my friends on Twitter and a few on Facebook. (And other places too... *wink-wink*)

Most of these feelings are paternal, brotherly, sisterly ETC, BUT some of these feelings border on the 'L' word. And I get really concerned if I don't see some of these people for a while. And as I have said before, don't worry. I will never tell any of you... Some of these people. Oh my goodness... You will never know how much I enjoy spending time online with you, talking to you or receiving Tweets and emails and various other methods that we can now communicate via. Without having to actually meet anyone!! <<>

The power of the internet that enables all 4 corners of the earth to communicate on a level only previously dreamed of, well it blows my mind....

<(ovo)> XX

Rob. 18.01.10 <<(Remembered to put 10 rather than 09!!) 20.20pm

***************************************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Well, yeah I could say a lot of the things you've written above are like 100% real! and I know exactly what you mean, and I was just thinking about, well actually remembering that you were my first follower for real, haha like a real person, when I first made my account and I had no idea what is was about and I randomly, wrongly .. replied to you saying "Avril Lavigne" hahaha

    take care! good blog!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone takes time and makes an effort to communicate with someone, whether via Twitter or somewhere else, I think on the majority of cases I will follow, or at least try to reply!! Makes sense really... I like the 'underdog' and the comment about being your first follower or acolyte ( !!! ) made me smile! I don't look at Tweeters numbers of fans! Generally 99% of the people who amass great followings, say, more than 100, have usually in all cases used the infamous get 10 billion followers before your next crap tools anyway! Where is the fun in amassing loads of moronic idiots following you, who you have nothing in common with!!
    Thank you very much Sir Gerard of Burnley and may your football team live long and prosper!

    Rob.

    ReplyDelete